Basically, a 'Play' is similar to an open. When the email is opened and the video automatically plays, delivered from the server, it generates a 'Play'.
Further details can be found under the Pricing Table on our Pricing Page.
HINT: The video can play from the emails' cache. This does not generate a Play which, in turn, will reduce the cost of the campaign as it is not a paid play every open.
What counts as a "Play"?
- 1 “Play” is when an email recipient opens your email and the video automatically starts playing.
- 1 Play includes Unlimited loops, if you have chosen for your video to loop.
- Unopened emails are not counted as a Play.
- When someone has turned off images on their email app, it will not be counted as a Play.
- Desktop Microsoft Outlook 2007-2019 on Windows (usually between 0.5% and 2% of recipients) displays video as a static image, so we don’t count those as a Play. The majority of Outlook users now open their email on iOS/Android/Outlook.com, which all fully support Playable video. Since January 2019, Playable video is now supported on Outlook 365 for Windows.
- When someone opens the email multiple times on the same device, Playable asks the device to cache the video so that subsequent opens will not trigger additional Plays.
- When someone opens the email on multiple devices, or forwards the email to a friend, additional Plays will be counted each time the email is opened and the video automatically starts playing.