What counts as a "Play"?
- 1 “Play” is when an email recipient opens your email and the video automatically starts playing.
- 1 Play includes Unlimited loops, if you have chosen for your video to loop.
- Unopened emails are not counted as a Play.
- When someone has turned off images on their email app, it will not be counted as a Play.
- Desktop Microsoft Outlook 2007-2019 on Windows (usually between 0.5% and 2% of recipients) displays video as a static image, so we don’t count those as a Play. The majority of Outlook users now open their email on iOS/Android/Outlook.com, which all fully support Playable video. Since January 2019, Playable video is now supported on Outlook 365 for Windows.
- When someone opens the email multiple times on the same device, Playable asks the device to cache the video so that subsequent opens will not trigger additional Plays.
- When someone opens the email on multiple devices, or forwards the email to a friend, additional Plays will be counted each time the email is opened and the video automatically starts playing.
HINT: Videos have the ability to be played from the email clients' cache. These will not incur a Play, so it will help reduce overall costs. This will vary depending on the email client (eg Apple Mail, Gmail, Outlook, etc).
- The Benefits Of Playable's 30-Day Free Trial
- Video vs GIF. What Are The Facts?
- View more articles in the Playable Knowledge Base
- More relevant information in our Pricing Page FAQ