While a video is uploading and compiling on the Playable platform there are a number of different reasons why a video can fail. The most common include:
- A break in transmission. An interruption in the internet connection can cause the process to hang (not finish). To save time, Playable uploads & compiles the video in one step, thus the error is seen to happen during compiling
- No response. The source loading the video becomes unresponsive for long enough to cause a Timed Out error, similar to the error above
- Correct Permissions. Ensure the correct permissions are in place to download the video. For example, on YouTube ensure the video is not set to private
- YouTube bug. We're tracking an issue where Youtube is blocking the import of some videos into Playable
There are a few options to help resolve a video that is not compiling:
- Refresh the Playable window. Use the refresh icon in the top right to update the Playable window.
- Start a new Add Video. Creating a new video will refresh the connection and other elements. This works well for interrupted & timed-out issues.
- Upload the original video. Especially for issues with downloading from an online source, use the original video from a computer or network that created the online version for YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Wait for the HD version. For recently uploaded videos to an online site, like YouTube, low-quality versions are created before HD versions. Waiting will ensure the best quality source video. Alternatively use the original video as per above.
- Wait for the queue to clear. A download request to sites, like YouTube, can be denied due to high traffic. Waiting for a few minutes may resolve the issue.
If the issue still persists:
- 3rd party applications can help access online videos you have permission to use
- Contact us at Playable@support.video. Please include relevant information and any screenshots or video to help us review and resolve the issue.
- Video vs GIF. What Are The Facts?
- Top 5 Insights For Video Email Success
- Why Video Email Has No Sound?
- View more articles in the Playable Knowledge Base