Not all email clients are created equally!
The quality of the video that plays in the video email when opened varies greatly depending on a number of factors but the email clients used is the most significant.
Playable's unique & patented platform optimizes the video or live stream to the individual, in realtime, as the email is opened.
We optimize the video format, frame-rate, and resolution for each viewer depending on the device, email client, and network connection to ensure every viewer enjoys quick loading times and the best viewing experience possible.
Please Note: To ensure the best quality for video email campaigns always use a high-quality source video. We recommend at least a 1200 wide MP4 video.
Below is our compatibility list of email clients and the video formats supported:
- Apple Mail: MP4, H.264, HEVC
- Apple iPhone Mail (iOS12+): MP4, H.264, HEVC
- Apple iPhone Mail (iOS11 & earlier): PNG
- Apple iPad Mail: MP4, H.264, HEVC
- Google Android: WEBP
- Gmail: GIF
- Outlook for Mac: MP4, H.264
- Outlook.com: GIF
- Outlook.com: WEBP
- Outlook 2007-2016 for Windows: Static Image (<2% of consumer campaigns)
- Samsung Mail: WEBP
- Yahoo! Mail: GIF
- Yahoo! Mail (Chrome): WEBP
- The Benefits Of Playable's 30-Day Free Trial
- Top 5 Insights For Video Email Success
- Why Video Email Has No Sound?
- View more articles in the Playable Knowledge Base