In Playables' online Editor there are 2 parts:
- The 1st part is the Vision Editor, where scenes are added and timelines adjusted to create the video used in the video email campaigns.
- The 2nd part is the Video Enhancements, where Playable offers 4 options that can be turned on or off to help the video deliver better results. These are Captions, Watermark, Endcard, and Footer.
Captions are a better alternative to subtitles when it comes to video email marketing. While subtitles divert the viewers' attention away from the video to constantly keep reading, Captions deliver timely and concise information that enables viewers to keep watching and engaging with the video as well.
How To Use Captions
- After finishing with the Visual Editor hit Continue to access Enhancements
- With the Captions tab selected flip the switch to On
- Enter the Timecode for the caption to start & stop appearing
- Add or remove the number of desired Caption Fields required
- The preview refreshes after each play-thru to show the Captions
- Simply flip the switch to Off to stop the Captions from appearing on the video
Hint: We recommend internally testing the final Captions on various devices, screen sizes, and email clients to confirm positioning and text size as it may vary.
- Video vs GIF. What Are The Facts?
- Top 5 Insights For Video Email Success
- Video Quality Depends On The Email Client
- View more articles in the Playable Knowledge Base